Health Office Update: February 2
February 02, 2022
This update was originally sent by email to families on Feb. 2, 2022
- At TA we have 5 new Covid cases thus far this week in grades: 11, 10, 9 and 8. Please consider your student a presumptive contact and have them do a Covid test if they develop: sore throat, runny nose, fever, cough, headache, change in taste or smell.
- We continue to have a stomach virus at TA, please remind your student not to share water bottles, food etc. Students must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- A friendly reminder when you call your child out sick, please let us know what symptoms they are having.
- Please remember we do have immunocompromised students and staff here at TA and not all can be vaccinated against Covid or influenza.
FOR ATHLETES & FAMILIES
New Return to Play Guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics have been released:
- For Mild Covid (less than 4 days of fever, less than 7 days of body aches, chills, lethargy) or asymptomatic cases: Duration of isolation is 5 days, DO NOT exercise during isolation.
- Athlete may see pediatric provider on day 5 of isolation (no longer day 10)
- There is a brand new two day return to play protocol: Day 1 do a light practice, Day 2 do a normal practice, no games until day 3.
- If an athlete has any dizziness, racing/irregular heartbeat, unexpected shortness of breath or chest pain the athlete must be evaluated by a doctor that day.
- For Moderate Covid symptoms the athlete will see their pediatrician and receive instruction re: return to play.
- The pediatric cardiologists at the Children’s Hospital at UVM Medical Center have just developed a new form for providers to use at the athlete’s sports clearance appointment, as soon as it is available TA will make it available on the health page.
- The rate of myocarditis after Covid infection is 0.5-3%
Thanks to students, parents, guardians and staff who are working together to help students stay well. Everyone is making a great team effort.