Health Office Update: Mar 17, 2022
March 17, 2022
This update was originally sent by email to TA families on March 17, 2022
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Masking is optional as of March 14th. Some students and faculty are masking some are not. All have been respectful and considerate during this transition.
Vermont Department of Health Covid management guidelines changed on 3/14/22:
- If your child has Covid they need to be out for 5 days (day of diagnosis is day 0) and may return on day 5 if they have no symptoms.
- If a student is exposed to Covid and they are up-to-date on their Covid Vaccines (Up to date means that the student has either had their booster or has completed their Pfizer vaccine series within the last five month) they may be in school. If they develop symptoms, they should do a Covid test.
- For students who are not up-to-date on their vaccines or not vaccinated:
- no earlier than day 4, take two antigen tests 24 hours apart (or longer) OR on day 5 take a LAMP test (available from the Health Office)
- if symptoms develop at any time, students should get tested right away
- during this time, students may attend school
- if you are a close contact, you might choose to wear a mask
TA has had one case of Covid this week.
Sports Screenings post Covid:
A friendly reminder your child needs Covid sports clearance if they had Covid. The information and guidelines are found on the TA Health Office page on the website.
- TA is seeing several cases of a stomach bug.
- If your child has sore throat, headache, cough, fever, vomiting, diarrhea they need to, please, stay home.
- Students with upper respiratory symptoms still need to do a home rapid Covid test. Take home kits are available in the Health Office.
The RONALD MCDONALD DENTAL VAN will be back the third week in April.
Please let Nurse Ellen know if you want to sign your child up for teeth cleanings. For students already signed up, parents don’t need to do anything. Their children will be seen automatically. If you’ve been sent enrollment forms, please return them as soon as possible.
Vision and Hearing are on-going for 7th, 9th and 12th graders. You will receive an email if any of the vision or hearing results are abnormal. Any questions please contact Nurse Ellen.