Health Office Update: March 31
March 31, 2022
- TA is seeing many, many cases of an upper respiratory virus.
- We also continue to see several cases of a stomach bug.
- A friendly reminder, students with upper respiratory symptoms still need to do a home rapid Covid test. Take home kits are available in the Health Office.
- If your child is sick they must stay home until they are all better.
The RONALD MCDONALD DENTAL VAN will be back the third week in April.
- Please let Nurse Ellen know if you want to sign your child up for teeth cleanings.
- For students already signed up, parents don’t need to do anything. Their children will be seen automatically. If you’ve been sent enrollment forms, please return them as soon as possible.
- Boosters: Adults 50 years and older and all 12 years old and up with immunocompromise may now get a 2nd booster (if the previous booster was more than 4 months ago). Check your Covid vaccination cards!
- The Vermont Department of Health in White River Junction has two upcoming walk-in vaccination clinics: April 12 and April 26 from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at 118 Prospect Street.
- Masking is optional as of March 14th. According to the VT Dept. of Health 66% of new Covid cases are the Omicron subvariant BA.2.
- This past week there has been a slight uptick in new Covid cases. TA has had two cases of Covid this week.
Vermont Department of Health Covid management guidelines changed on 3/14/22:
- If your child has Covid they need to be out for 5 days (day of diagnosis is day 0) and may return on day 5 if they have no symptoms.
- If a student is exposed to Covid and they are up to date on their Covid vaccines (Up to date means that the student has either had their booster or has completed their Pfizer vaccine series within the last five months) they may be in school. If they develop symptoms, they should take a Covid test.
- For students who are not up-to-date on their vaccines or not vaccinated:
- no earlier than day 4, take two antigen tests 24 hours apart (or longer) OR on day 5 take a LAMP test (available from the Health Office).
- if symptoms develop at any time, students should get tested right away
- during this time, students may attend schoo
- if you are a close contact, you might choose to wear a mask
Sports Screenings Post-Covid
A friendly reminder your child needs Covid sports clearance if they had Covid, the information re: guidelines are found on the TA Health Page on the website.