The promotion of wellness and the prevention of illness in students and the entire school community is a key focus of the health office at Thetford Academy.
The school nurse is available Monday though Friday to support students and provide care for illness and injury with the goal of helping students stay in school and minimize absences whenever possible.
COVID AND SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
What to do when your student is ill:
- Your student must stay home if they have any of these symptoms: fever, cough, congestion, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, change in taste/smell.
- If a student has any of these symptoms for more than 24 hours, they must complete a home rapid Covid antigen test and let the Health Office know the result.
- If symptoms resolve within 24 hours, students may return to school and do not require a Covid test.
WHEN A STUDENT IS DIAGNOSED WITH COVID (DAY OF POSITIVE TEST IS DAY 0)
WHEN A STUDENT IS EXPOSED TO COVID (DAY OF EXPOSURE = DAY 0)
For students up to date on their vaccines:
- if symptoms develop at any time, students should take a Covid rapid antigen test at home
- during this time, students may attend school
*’Up to date’ means that the student has either had their booster or has completed their Pfizer vaccine series within the last five months.
For students who are not up to date on their vaccines or not vaccinated:
WHERE TO GET A COVID PCR TEST