Health Office Update: October 5, 2023
October 05, 2023
Upcoming Flu Clinic
TA will host a flu clinic for students and staff onThursday October 19th, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the gym. Parents who would like their students to get a flu shot at school should sign and return the parental consent form by October 10. For more information about the flu vaccine, see the CDC’s flu vaccination information sheet.
Free Covid Test Kits
Now available through the US Postal service link to Covid test kit order form
There are 2 other viruses besides Covid going around at school, if your student is sick please have them stay home.
- There is a head cold with sore throat/congestion/cough
- Another virus with symptoms of headache and a fever
We have 1 person out with Covid this week. If you need a Covid test kit please come to the office. I have a limited supply left.
Lyme Disease Prevention
- Please check daily for deer ticks – especially outdoor classes
- There will be lots of deer tick nymphs through hunting season.
- Shower & wash clothes if you are out in tick territory
- If a deer tick is attached to you for more than 24-36 hours call your pediatrician & get a one-time antibiotic to prevent Lyme Disease.
- Also, save the tick – show your doctor or Nurse Ellen
- For more information, watch Ellen’s Lyme Disease prevention video
Smiling Mind is an Australian mental health app that offers programs for teens, including helping with resilience.
Thetford Town Service Officer
An additional resource for winter, the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports. Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Thetford Food Shelf
The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.
Corinth, West Topsham & Bradford Food Shelves
West Topsham’s food shelf is at the Riverside Grange & open Monday 3-4 PM and Fridays 5:30 -630 PM. Bradford Academy’s food shelf, in Bradford, is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 3-4 p.m.; Wednesday, 5-6 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m.-noon