Health Office Update: Dec. 10
December 10, 2021
This post was originally sent by email to TA families on Dec. 8, 2021.
This week’s Health Office update includes information about routine health expectations-not just Covid this week!
Routine School Immunizations
- Parents/Guardians of 7th grade students: The deadline for submitting immunization documentation for the tetanus (TDaP) booster is December 17, 2021. Nurse Ellen has been in contact with families of students who need this booster and/or have not yet submitted the documentation. Parents can request a copy of the immunization documentation from the students’ health care provider to share with the Health Office.
- If your student needs an immunization exemption for this school year, please complete the immunization exemption form and return to the Health Office by December 10, 2021.
- There are no new Covid cases at TA this week!
- The statewide surge of Covid cases continues. Please review the CDC’s Holiday Recommendations to plan for a safe and healthy holiday.
- Home PCR kits are now available at TA. If you would like to request a home PCR test, please complete this consent form and contact the Health Office. Tests must be returned in person to Nurse Ellen by 9:30 a.m. to be shipped to the lab by UPS. The result will be emailed directly to parents/guardians.
- The Vermont Department of Health is asking Vermonters to report any positive results from home rapid antigen tests. Report your results via the Vermont COVID-19 Self-Test Result Reporting Form.
- Reminder: it is very important to get your flu shots this winter. There is a serious risk to lung health should infections of Covid and the flu occur at the same time.
As always, if you have any questions please call or email Nurse Ellen.