Health Office Update: Dec. 2
December 03, 2021
The following information and reminders were sent via email from Nurse Ellen Gnaedinger on December 2, 2021.
- Reminder: If your child is sick with a cough, fever, headache, congestion, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or has a change in taste or smell for more than 24 hours, TA will require a negative Covid PCR test before your student can return to school.
- Parents of students receiving the weekly Covid PCR tests at TA should be receiving the result via an email from Binx. Please let Nurse Ellen know if you are not receiving these results.
- To sign your child up for the weekly PCR test on Tuesday mornings, please fill out the consent form at the link.
- We recommend that every student get a flu vaccine this year. If an individual has flu and Covid at the same time, there is a high risk to your lungs. Contact Nurse Ellen for help accessing flu vaccinations.
- The Vermont Department of Health is doing a great job staying on top of information about the new Omicron variant, which they believe is highly transmissible. The best prevention continues to be getting vaccinated and indoor masking.
- There were no Covid cases at TA in the past 7 days.
- TA completed 174 Covid PCR tests of students and staff on 11/30/21.
- Any questions or worries about the above information, please call or email Nurse Ellen.