Health Office Update: May 12, 2022
May 12, 2022
Covid cases are Increasing:
TA has 7 cases of Covid this week. Students should stay home and test if they are sick. Covid is causing minimal illness for some and causing more serious symptoms for others. This new subvariant is causing 1-2 weeks of fatigue in many adults. We still need to be careful.
What to do if your student tests positive for Covid:
- If you have no symptoms on day 5 (date of positive test is day 0) and you are negative you may return to school.
- If you have no symptoms on day 5 and you are still testing positive, TA please wear an N95 mask until day 10.
- If you still have symptoms (cough, runny nose, headache, sore throat, extreme fatigue) on day five -continue to stay home until – symptom free.
- If you have questions email Ellen.
Students 12 and older should get their first booster if they haven’t already.
Adults 50 years and older and all 12 years old and up with immunocompromise can get a 2nd booster (if the previous booster was more than 4 months ago).
Next walk-in booster clinics:
- 5/14/22 Thetford Elementary School 11:30 AM – 2 PM
- 5/14/22 Waits River Valley School 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- 5/19/22 Hartford High School 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Extra take home kits & N95 masks are available in the Health & Main Office.
Vermont Department of Health Covid management guidelines are on the TA Health Office webpage.
Sports Screenings post-Covid
A friendly reminder your child needs cardiac Covid sports clearance if they had Covid;
All this information is available on TA’s Health Page
Deer ticks are out -DAILY TICK CHECKS RESUME.
-Ellen’s Lyme Disease prevention video: https://norwichcommunitynurse.org/index.php/health-topics/
War in Ukraine
These are four ways to help:
- There is a UNICEF coin collection box outside the Health Office
- Online donations can be made to: the International Committee for the Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders. Both organizations are providing emergency water, food and medical aid in the Ukraine.
- A Polish women and children’s charity, UNAWEZA.
Our thoughts are with the people in Ukraine.