Health Office Update: Back to School Edition
August 22, 2022
Welcome back to school! I hope everyone had a chance to rest and relax some over the summer. This year, the Health Office is planning to focus on teen health issues such as nutrition, teen sleep, mental health, healthy living and resilience. That being said, as we start the school year, we do want to update everyone on the Covid plan!
If your student has Covid:
Stay home for 5 days, return to school on day 6 if symptoms are improved and your child has had no fever for past 24 hours.
Per Vermont Department of Health:
Isolate as soon as you receive your positive Covid result-even if you are vaccinated or never have symptoms. Isolation means staying home and away from other people for at least 5 days from the date of your positive test or the start of your symptoms, whichever is earlier.
Exposure to Covid , per the CDC:
- Wear a mask that fits well for 10 days.
- Test right away if you develop symptoms.
Call Nurse Ellen if you have questions.
- Take home Covid test kits & N95 masks are available in the Health & Main Office.
- Families may still order FREE test kits from the Federal government: https://www.covid.gov/tests
Friendly reminders about medications and health conditions:
- Must be kept in the Health Office.
- Parents/guardians must get a current medication order to Nurse Ellen before medication can be given at school.
- Your child’s provider needs to send in permission (to the Health Office) for your child to self-carry an inhaler or epi-pen.
- Your child needs written parent/guardian approval to take over-the-counter medications at school; please have them bring a written note or email Nurse Ellen.
- Your child will take the medication in the Health Office (or Main Office if Nurse Ellen is not there).
- If your child has a medical condition which may require treatment at school, please contact Nurse Ellen.
- All students with allergies or athsma need asthma action plans, emergency allergy plans, dated 2022, sent to Nurse Ellen no later than September 2nd.
Please call/email Nurse Ellen if you have questions.