Health Office Update: Nov. 10
November 10, 2022
- We are still seeing some cases of influenza (flu). We had fewer students out this week. There are at least 3 other viruses making students sick.
- Flu shots help; please consider having students get their flu shots. Parents can call Upper Valley Pediatrics, 802-785-4722 if you don’t know where else to go.
- Students should get lots of rest to help prevent illness
- Thetford Academy has 0 persons out with Covid this week.
- After walking through the woods please check for deer ticks, throw your clothes in the washer and shower off the deer tick nymphs. They are tiny. For more information watch Ellen’s video Preventing Lyme Disease,
- All immunization records and exemption forms must be submitted to Nurse Ellen by Nov. 22, 2022 or students risk exclusion from school.
- All 7th grade students need their TDaP (tetanus booster) to be allowed in school.
- Please make sure your student is up to date with all school immunizations or has a 2022-2023 exemption form completed and turned in to the Health Office. A new exemption form must be filled out each year.
Student Emotional Support
- Students in need of support should reach out to parents, a counselor, the school nurse, a teacher, or friends.
- The teen text crisis line is available 24 hours a day – 741741; no issue is too small, they are there to help.
- A new and very deadly narcotic, fentanyl, is being added to some vape pens and other vape devices. Read more info about this issue.
- The best way to stay safe is to stop vaping. Resources for quitting are available in the Health Office or from the Student Assistance Provider, or online at 802-Quits.
Families in Need of Winter Help
- Orange County Parent Child Center is a conduit for VT state assistance for help with: heating costs, car repairs, winter clothing, gas cards, gift cards to grocery stores and electric bills. Please contact their director, Lindsey Trombley, 802-685-2264 or [email protected] or Nurse Ellen for assistance.