Health Office Update: Nov. 17
November 17, 2022
Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all the wonderful students, parents, and staff here at TA. We have much to be grateful for.
- Please be thoughtful with Thanksgiving gatherings next week. The elderly can be made very sick by influenza and Covid, and infants younger than 24 months can be hospitalized from the RSV virus. If you are sick, stay home until you are better so you protect the ones you love!
- Thetford Academy has 1 person out with Covid this week.
- After walking through the woods please check for deer ticks, throw your clothes in the washer and shower off the deer tick nymphs. They are tiny. For more information watch Ellen’s video Preventing Lyme Disease,
If you need housing…
- HomeShare talk at Latham Library on Nov. 19 from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- More information at this link: for people thinking about housing needs
Student Emotional Support
- Students in need of support should reach out to parents, a counselor, the school nurse, a teacher, or friends.
- The teen text crisis line is available 24 hours a day – 741741; no issue is too small, they are there to help.
Families in Need of Winter Help
- Orange County Parent Child Center is a conduit for VT state assistance for help with: heating costs, car repairs, winter clothing, gas cards, gift cards to grocery stores and electric bills. Please contact their director, Lindsey Trombley, 802-685-2264 or [email protected] or Nurse Ellen for assistance.
- All immunization records and exemption forms must be submitted to Nurse Ellen by Nov. 30, 2022.
- Please make sure your student is up to date with all school immunizations or has a 2022-2023 exemption form completed and turned in to the Health Office.