Health Office Update: Dec. 1
December 01, 2022
- We continue to see several viruses: RSV, influenza, Covid, rhinovirus and a stomach virus. Students get over one virus and then are vulnerable to picking up another virus.
- Students, if sick please stay home until you are better so you protect yourself and those around you.
- To get better: extra sleep, lots of fluids, gargle with warm salt water for the sore throats, don’t share food or water bottles.
- Thetford Academy has 6 people out with Covid this week, about 20 students out daily with viral or bacterial illness.
Students in need of emotional support
- Please reach out to your parents, a counselor, the school nurse, your teacher and of course your friends.
- The teen text crisis line is available 24 hours a day – 741741; no issue is too small. They always can help.
Families in need of winter help
- Orange County Parent Child Center is a conduit for VT state assistance for help with: heating costs, car repairs, winter clothing, gas cards, gift cards to grocery stores and electric bills.
- Please contact their director, Lindsey Trombley, 802-685-2264 or [email protected]. or Nurse Ellen for assistance
- Nurse Ellen needs all immunization records and exemption forms by 12/2 otherwise your student may be excluded from school.
- This is the link to the 2022-2023 exemption form.
- A NEW exemption form needs to be filled out each year.
If your food budget is limited this winter there is a Christmas meal available through the Thetford Food Bank, please contact their Director, Mary Allen or Nurse Ellen if interested in this program. It is confidential.