Health Office Update: December 14
December 14, 2022
- If your food budget is tight this winter there is a Holiday meal available through the Thetford Food Bank, please contact their Director, Mary Allen or Nurse Ellen if interested in this program.
- The gift cards are available at the Thetford Food Shelf, under the town hall, Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon.
- The Thetford Food Shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.
- There are many viruses going around: respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), influenza A & B, Covid, rhinovirus, a stomach virus and now a small amount of strep throat and mononucleosis (transmitted by saliva, please, don’t share water bottles/food).
- To protect yourself and those around you: stay home when you are sick. Be particularly careful around children under 24 months old. Hundreds of infants are very sick with RSV in New England and there are very few pediatric ICU beds.
- How to get better: stay home, get lots of rest, extra sleep, lots of fluids and gargle with warm salt water if you have a sore throat.
- Thetford Academy has 2 people out with Covid this week and about 20-32 students out daily with viral or bacterial illnesses.
- Take home Covid kits are available in the Health Office, see Nurse Ellen.
Families in need of winter help:
- Orange County Parent Child Center can help with: heating costs, car repairs, winter clothing, gas cards, gift cards to grocery stores and electric bills.
- Please contact their director, Lindsey Trombley or her assistant, Monique, 802-685-2264 or [email protected]. or Nurse Ellen for assistance.
Thetford Town Service Officer
- An additional resource for winter, the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports.
- Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
The TA Social Justice in Action Class will have a Community Clothing Swap with music and a bake sale on January 7th from 10 AM to 3PM at the Thetford Community Center. Bring clothing to swap or just bring yourselves.
Baby Sitting Course
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center is hosting Red Cross Babysitting courses on: December 17th and 18th from 8AM – 12:30PM and February the 11th and 12th from 8AM – 12:30PM.
- Contact Ashley Ellis by phone 802-296-2850 ext. 109 or email [email protected]
Wishing you a very restful holiday time.