Health Office Update: December 8
December 08, 2022
- If your food budget is limited this winter there is a Holiday meal available through the Thetford Food Bank, please contact their Director, Mary Allen or Nurse Ellen if interested in this program.
- The cards are available at the Thetford Food Shelf during their open hours of Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon.
- Students, if sick please stay home until you are better so you protect yourself and those around you, particularly children under 24 months old. Hundreds of infants are sick with RSV in New England and there are almost NO pediatric ICU beds.
- We continue to see several viruses: respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), influenza, Covid, rhinovirus and a stomach virus. Students get over one virus and then are vulnerable to picking up another virus.
- How to get better: extra sleep, lots of fluids, gargle with warm salt water for the sore throats, don’t share food or water bottles.
- Thetford Academy has 1 person out with Covid this week, about 13-25 students out daily with viral or bacterial illness.
Families in need of winter help:
- Orange County Parent Child Center is a conduit for VT state assistance for help with: heating costs, car repairs, winter clothing, gas cards, gift cards to grocery stores and electric bills.
- Please contact their director, Lindsey Trombley, 802-685-2264 or [email protected]. or Nurse Ellen for assistance
Thetford Town Service Officer
- An additional resource for winter, the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, winter clothing. The town service officer can connect families with other supports.
- Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491