Health Office Update: January 12
January 12, 2023
- We are still seeing upper respiratory illnesses; influenza, RSV, rhinovirus & Covid.
- If you are sick, please remember to stay home until better.
- How to get better: stay home, get lots of rest, extra sleep, lots of fluids and gargle with warm salt water if you have a sore throat.
- Thetford Academy has 1 person out with Covid this week. Take home Covid kits are available in the Health Office, see Nurse Ellen.
Baby Sitting Course
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center is hosting a Red Cross Babysitting course on: February the 11th and 12th from 8AM – 12:30PM.
- Contact Ashley Ellis by phone 802-296-2850 ext. 109 or email [email protected]
Families in need of winter help:
- Orange County Parent Child Center can help with: heating costs, car repairs, winter clothing, gas cards, gift cards to grocery stores and electric bills.
- Please contact their director, Lindsey Trombley or her assistant, Monique, 802-685-2264 or [email protected] or Nurse Ellen for assistance.
Thetford Town Service Officer
- An additional resource for winter, the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc.
- The town service officer can connect families with other supports.
- Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Thetford Food Shelf
The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.
Safe Winter Driving
Please remember to be safe and take extra time when the weather is bad. If students are in need of snow tires, please contact one of the above resources or Nurse Ellen.