Health Office Update: January 25
January 25, 2023
THC Vape Pens
- If these are brought onto campus, they cause students serious health risks as well as serious disciplinary consequences.
- Parents, please take time to talk to your teens about the very real concerns and the health risks of THC and other substances such as opioids.
- Students if you have used a drug/THC/any other concerning substance please seek help from: parents, teachers, friends, the school nurse, the counselors, the maintenance crew, the cooks or your doctor. We want to help you right away. TA has Narcan available on campus from multiple trained staff.
- Anyone distributing drugs at school puts TA students at risk of very serious harm.
- We are still seeing influenza, upper respiratory illnesses; RSV, rhinovirus & Covid and one recent case of strep throat.
- If you are sick, please remember to stay home until better.
- How to get better: stay home, get lots of rest, extra sleep, lots of fluids and gargle with warm salt water if you have a sore throat.Thetford Academy has 1 person out with Covid this week. Take home Covid kits are available in the Health Office, see Nurse Ellen.
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center is hosting a Red Cross Babysitting course on: February the 11th and 12th from 8AM – 12:30PM.
- Contact Ashley Ellis by phone 802-296-2850 ext. 109 or email [email protected]
- Scholarship money available
Women’s Self Defense Class
February 12, 19, 26 and March 5
Sundays, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Instructor: Kevin Comeau
At Open Door in White River Junction
opendoorwrj@qodeScholarship money available
Thetford Town Service Officer
- An additional resource for winter, the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports.
- Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Thetford Food Shelf
- The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.
Safe Winter Driving
Please remember to be safe and take extra time when the weather is bad. If students are in need of snow tires, please contact one of the above resources or Nurse Ellen.