Health Office Update: January 5
January 05, 2023
Welcome back to school. I hope everyone had a chance to rest over the holiday break.
- We are seeing less illness at TA this week. That is really good news.
- If you are sick please remember to stay home until better
- How to get better: stay home, get lots of rest, extra sleep, lots of fluids and gargle with warm salt water if you have a sore throat.
- Thetford Academy has 2 people out with Covid this week.
- Take home Covid kits are available in the Health Office, see Nurse Ellen.
Baby Sitting Course
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center is hosting a Red Cross Babysitting course on: February the 11th and 12th from 8AM – 12:30PM.
- Contact Ashley Ellis by phone 802-296-2850 ext. 109 or email [email protected]
The TA Social Justice in Action Class will have a Community Clothing Swap with music and a bake sale on January 7th from 10 AM to 3PM at the Thetford Community Center. Bring clothing to swap or just bring yourselves.
Families in need of winter help:
- Orange County Parent Child Center can help with: heating costs, car repairs, winter clothing, gas cards, gift cards to grocery stores and electric bills.
- Please contact their director, Lindsey Trombley or her assistant, Monique, 802-685-2264 or [email protected]. or Nurse Ellen for assistance.
Thetford Town Service Officer
- An additional resource for winter, the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports.
- Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Thetford Food Shelf
The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.