Health Office Update: March 23
March 23, 2023
Teeth, Happy Teeth
- The Ronald McDonald Dental trailer is returning to TA from May 15th -18th.
- Students can get their teeth cleaned and if they have cavities or need sealants the dentist provides that care. Please return the sign-up forms to the health office as soon as you can. Sign up form here.
Vision and Hearing Screenings
Students in grades 7, 9 and 11 are completing vision & hearing screenings. Students, thanks for your help.
- We are seeing quite a bit of head colds and a stomach virus. Please continue to test for Covid particularly with the head colds.
- We have 2 people out with Covid this week.
- If your student is out for more than 2-3 days with illness, please get a note from their doctor.
Open Door has dance classes which promote wellness and self-confidence.
Open Door Dance Classes
Other activities that boost self-confidence include: sports, art classes, robotics club and other similar activities.
Thetford Town Service Officer
- The town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports.
- Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs.
- Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Thetford Food Shelf
The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.
Helping Earthquake Victims in Syria and Turkey
These countries are in need of food, shelter and medical care. Agencies that can help are:
Doctors Without Borders
International Red Cross