Health Office Update: Oct 19, 2023
October 19, 2023
There are 3 other viruses besides Covid going around at school:
- There is a head cold with sore throat/congestion/cough
- Another virus with symptoms of headache and sometimes dizziness, fever or nausea
- stomach bug
- If your student is sick please have them stay home.
- We have 5 individuals out with Covid this week.
- If you need a Covid test kit please come to the office.
Free Covid Test Kits
Now available through the US Postal service link to Covid test kit order form
I will be reviewing all necessary school immunizations. Please let me know if you need an exemption form. Parents of seventh graders please make sure your students are up-to-date with their tetanus booster.
Please check daily for deer ticks – especially outdoor classes
There are will be lots of deer tick nymph through hunting season.
- Shower & wash clothes if you are out in tick territory.
- If a deer tick is attached to you for more than 24-36 hours call your pediatrician & get a one-time antibiotic to prevent Lyme disease.
- Also, save the tick – show your doctor or Nurse Ellen.
- Ellen’s Lyme Disease prevention video
Smiling Mind is an Australian mental health app that offers programs for teens, including helping with resilience. Smiling Mind link Smiling Mind website.
Thetford Town Service Officer
The town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports. Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Thetford Food Shelf
The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.
Corinth, West Topsham & Bradford Food Shelves
West Topsham’s food shelf is at the Riverside Grange & open Monday 3-4 PM and Fridays 5:30 -630 PM
Bradford Academy’s food shelf, in Bradford, is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 3-4 p.m.; Wednesday, 5-6 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m.-noon
Israel and the Occupied Territories
The International Red Cross is helping in the Mideast