Health Office Update: Nov. 2, 2023
November 02, 2023
The Ronald McDonald Dental Van is here Dec 4-7
Dental cleanings and treating cavities are provided by the Dental van. If your child is a NEW patient please complete the new patient form and return it to Nurse Ellen by Nov. 20th.
There are 3 other viruses besides Covid going around at school:
- There is a head cold with sore throat/congestion/cough
- Another virus with symptoms of headache and sometimes dizziness, fever or nausea
- The stomach bug continues to be present.
- If your student is sick please have them stay home.
- We have 1 individual out with Covid this week.
- If you need a Covid test kit please come to the office.
- Protocol for return after Covid is here: Thetford Academy Health Office/COVID page
Free Covid Test Kits
Now available through the US Postal service link to Covid test kit order form For Covid boosters, call the Kinney Drugstore in Bradford.
Orford Mason’s Rummage Sale
Excellent: bedding, clothing, kitchenware and puzzles/games – inexpensively priced. This week: Friday, Nov. 3rd from 10 – 4:00 PM and Sat. Nov. 4th from 10 -2:00 PM. Masonic Hall 649 NH Rte 10 in Orford, NH
I will be reviewing all necessary school immunizations. Please let me know if you need an exemption form. Parents of seventh graders please make sure your students are up-to-date with their tetanus booster.
Most young people say that social media helps them feel more connected to friends and provides important support during challenging times. Yet young people today also report being more stressed and anxious than ever. So what is the relationship between screen time and mental health and wellbeing? In this interactive and energizing presentation, Erin Walsh of Spark Institute will cut through conflicting information and share the latest evidence about screen time’s impact on youth. Instead of framing tech as all “good” or all “bad,” Erin will use brain science, warmth, and humor to identify key strategies that promote resilience and digital well-being.
Suicide Prevention Training
Thetford Town Service Officer
A resource for winter: the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports. Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance for a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Please check daily for deer ticks – especially outdoor classes
- There are will be lots of deer tick nymph through hunting season.
- Shower & wash clothes if you are out in tick territory.
- If a deer tick is attached to you for more than 24-36 hours call your pediatrician & get a one-time antibiotic to prevent Lyme Disease.
- Also, save the tick – show your doctor or Nurse Ellen
- Ellen’s Lyme Disease prevention video
Thetford Food Shelf
The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.
Corinth, West Topsham & Bradford Food Shelves
West Topsham’s food shelf is at the Riverside Grange & open Fridays 5:30 -630 PM. Bradford Academy’s food shelf, in Bradford, is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 3-4 p.m.; Wednesday, 5-6 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m.-noon
Israel and the Occupied Territories
The International Red Cross is helping in the Mideast