Comings and Goings at TA
August 18, 2021
As we head into the new academic year, we welcome not only new and returning TA students back to campus, but also a talented slate of new faculty and staff. Some of these staff members joined the team in the spring or summer, and some are just getting started this week with orientation and faculty in-service. We are delighted to officially announce the following new members of the TA team and hope you will join us in welcoming them to our school community.
- Leah Boch, World Languages Faculty and Thetford Outdoor Program Coordinator
- Decenda Cram, Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Ellen Gnaedinger, School Nurse
- Kathy Hooke, Science Faculty
- Stephanie Joyce, Special Education Faculty
- Amos Kornfeld, Special Education Faculty
- Ehrin Lingeman, School Garden Coordinator
- Lindsey Pierce, Counseling Team Coordinator
- Wesley Smith, Custodian
All of us at Thetford Academy would also like to express our deep gratitude to departing colleagues Milt Doda, Karen Martin, Mary Rizos, Cheryl Twerdowsky, Mike Wells, and Len Whitaker for their dedication and commitment to our students and community during their tenure at TA. We celebrated formal goodbyes as a community with Milt, Karen, Mary, and Cheryl in June. Mike Wells and Len Whitaker’s departing news came mid summer. Mike is headed to the Norwich Water Department for a new professional opportunity. Len made the big decision to return to his home state of Rhode Island last month. Len taught at Thetford Academy for 25 years and had an incredible impact on generations of TA students; we will all miss his warm presence, his deep love for teaching students about the environment and the world, and the caring connections he forged both in and outside the classroom.