Health Office Update: Dec 17
December 17, 2021
This health update was sent by email to all families on Dec. 16, 2021.
- Flu shots: Flu shots are more important than ever this year. Influenza strain A is in Vermont early this year and causing significant illness in both children and adults. It is important to get the flu shot because people’s lungs can get very sick if they have the flu and Covid at the same time. Flu shots are available by appointment at Upper Valley Pediatrics, 802-222-4722 or South Royalton Health Center, 802-763-7575. Students do not need to be a patient of either practice.
- Routine school immunizations: If you have been contacted by Nurse Ellen, please return your immunization exemption forms by December 17, 2021 or documentation of the requested immunization records by January 7th. Immunization exemption form here. Please note that your student may be excluded from attending school if the requested records are not received by the January 7th date. If you have not heard from Nurse Ellen, no action is necessary.
- Covid update: There are no new Covid cases and no new known exposures at TA this week. A big thank you to students and parents who are being careful! As we head into the holidays, the state wide surge of Covid cases continues. Please review the CDC Holiday Recommendations to ensure a safe and healthy holiday season.
- Home PCR kits are now available at TA: Parents may now request a home PCR test from Nurse Ellen. A consent form is required: Consent for Home PCR Test.
- Reporting a positive Covid antigen test result: The Vermont Department of Health asks that people report any Covid-positive rapid antigen tests. You can do so here: Vermont Covid-19 Self-Test Result Reporting Form.
- Vaccination protects others: Please remember some of our staff and students are not medically able to be vaccinated against the flu and Covid and that by getting vaccinated you protect these vulnerable friends.
- Nurse Ellen will be available by email over the holiday break. [email protected].
Have a peaceful holiday break!