Health Office Update: April 11, 2022
April 11, 2022
PLEASE: Sick children need to stay home.
- TA continues seeing many, many cases of an upper respiratory virus.
- We also continue to see several cases of a stomach bug.
- If your child is sick they must stay home until they are better.
- A friendly reminder, students with upper respiratory symptoms still need to take a home rapid Covid test. Take home kits are available in the Health Office.
The RONALD MCDONALD DENTAL VAN will be back the third week in April.
- Please let Nurse Ellen know if you want to sign your child up for teeth cleanings.
- For students already signed up, parents don’t need to do anything. Their children will be seen automatically.
- If you’ve been sent enrollment forms, please return them as soon as possible.
- Adults 50 years and older and all 12 years old and up with immunocompromise may now get a 2nd booster (if the previous booster was more than 4 months ago).
- Students 12 and should get their first booster if they haven’t already.
- Check your Covid Vaccination Cards: The Vermont Department of Health in White River Junction has two, up-coming walk-in clinics: April 12 and April 26 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at 118 Prospect Street.
- Masking is optional as of March 14th, 2022. According to the VT Dept. of Health, most new Covid cases are the Omicron subvariant BA.2. Unfortunately, this past week there was an increase in new Covid cases state wide.
- Vermont Department of Health Covid management guidelines are on the TA Health Page.
- We have one new case of Covid this week.
Sports Screenings post Covid
- Reminder: your child needs Covid sports clearance if they had Covid, the information re: guidelines are found on the TA Health Page on the website.
War in Ukraine
These are four ways to help:
- there is a UNICEF coin collection box outside the Health Office,
- Online donations can be made to: the International Committee for the Red Cross (https://www.icrc.org/en) and Doctors Without Borders (https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org) – both organizations are providing emergency water, food and medical aid in the Ukraine
- Polish women and children’s charity, UNAWEZA: https://www.unaweza.org/en/support/