Health Office Update: March 30
March 30, 2023
- Deer ticks are out – daily tick checks resume.
- Shower & wash clothes if you are out in tick territory.
- Ellen’s Lyme Disease prevention video
- The Ronald McDonald Dental trailer is returning to TA: May 15 -18.
- Students can get their teeth cleaned and if they have cavities or need sealants the dentist provides that care. Please return the sign-up forms to the health office as soon as you can. The enrollment form is attached.
- We are seeing more head colds sometimes with fever & sore throat and many students with the stomach virus.
- Please continue to test for Covid particularly with the head colds.
- Please keep your children home if they are sick.
- Let us know what symptoms they have when you call your child out.
- We have 2 people out with Covid this week.
- If your student is out for more than 3 days with illness, please get a note from their doctor.
- Teens avoid swimming in fast water/rivers with strong currents.
- Do not swim at the Union Village Dam with water rushing through.
- Remember to always swim with a buddy, NEVER dive where water is rocky, cloudy, or shallow; don’t drink alcohol/use marijuana & swim.
Self-confidence and Wellness
- Students: these are ways to build self-confidence: baby-sitting classes, working, art classes, sports, summer camp e.g. VT conservation camps, scouts, robotics club, art classes, TA summer programs and much more.
- Parents, think about summer plans for your teens. Nurse Ellen or the counseling office can help.
- Open Door has dance classes which promote wellness and self-confidence. Open Door Dance Classes
Thetford Town Service Officer
- An additional resource for winter, the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports.
- Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Thetford Food Shelf
- The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.