Course Registration Information for Rising 9th Graders
May 01, 2020
Greetings Incoming Class of 2024,
Welcome to your first official responsibility as a high schooler and student of Thetford Academy!
Course registrations look nothing like they have in your previous years at TA. Please bear with us as we go through this new process together. Registration this year is entirely digital, you can view all documents online, and you will submit your registration electronically. If this is in any way a hardship for you or your family please let us know, we can work with you to find an alternative arrangement.
The deadline for priority registration in classes is 3 pm on Friday, May 1.
The Counseling Department, Mark, Rebecca and Molly, are each offering 1-hour blocks every day the week of April 27 to be available via email, phone or google hangouts, to answer questions, offer suggestions and troubleshoot any technical issues. If these times do not work for you, please reach out and we will find a time that does. We are here to help you.
- Molly is available from 10-11 | firstname.lastname@example.org (802)785-4805 x202
- Mark is available 11-12 | email@example.com (603)359-4696
- Rebecca is available 1-2 | firstname.lastname@example.org – (802)785-4805 x228
On Wednesday, April 29 at 11:30 am, the Counseling Department will be hosting a Virtual 8th Grade Class Meeting for current and incoming students, via Google Hangout. The purpose of this meeting is to provide information about the registration process and answer any questions you (or your parents) may have. You will receive a separate email invite following this email that will contain a variety of tools to help you register for courses for the 2020-2021 school year.
Listed below are all of the documents and tools you will need to complete your registration.
- A 9th Grade Master Grid of available course offerings for 9th grade
- A Course Registration Form-this is a form you need to fill out and submit when you are ready to officially register. You are asked to fill out choices for all blocks in both the Fall and Spring semesters. Please make sure you make choices for half blocks if you are planning to take any. Your course registration is not complete until this form is submitted.
- The TA Course Guide– this link contains the course descriptions for all course offerings in the 2020-2021 school year
- The Rising 9th Grade Tip Sheet– this sheet has valuable information about freshman year and recommendations for the best approach to registering for courses in 9th grade.
- A Schedule Planning Worksheet– this is an optional tool to use to help with the layout of your schedule. Please make a copy of it and experiment with making a schedule that works best for you. This document does not register you for classes, you must use the course registration form mentioned above.
Take care,The TA Counseling Department