Head of School Community Email – May 4
May 05, 2020
Dear TA Families & Students,
May arrived in fine form this past weekend with blooms and sunshine. Spring is really here, and we are in the 6-week countdown to the end of the year. Hard to believe!
In the TA spirit of togetherness, we are striving to foster school community, spotlight student accomplishments, and stay connected with one another despite our stay-at-home status. We can’t make up for the ‘real deal’ springtime traditions, but we are seeking new ways to celebrate students, honor our seniors, and maintain a feeling of panther pride.
- Read the planning update for honoring the Class of 2020 and other year-end celebrations.
- Check out the #TAtogether page with its weekly challenge and entries – heartwarming and fun! This week’s theme: Who are these babies? Look for adorable photos submitted by students and staff soon.
- Keep up with student features on the TA Today page: a few recent ones feature Frank Loveland as our student of the month for March 2020, science scholar and researcher Elle Dixon, and Morgan Busbyworking on the frontlines as a nurse’s assistant. All 3 are members of the Class of 2020.
- Scan the Valley News for spotlights on TA students – the latest was Sunday’s paper featuring seniors Emily Trage, Grace Davis, and Tad Darrah! https://www.vnews.com
- And, as always, follow along on social media if that’s your jam. We keep these pages filled with student-centered photos and updates: TA Facebook, TA Instagram, TA Twitter.
Important update on academic policies for Spring 2020: We have revised two important TA policies to add flexibility for students who might need additional options during remote learning. Visit Remote TA (under helpful links) to read the Pass/No Credit and Withdrawal policies for Spring 2020 and check in with your counselor for more details.
Lastly, this is Teacher Appreciation Week, and I want to say how proud and awed I am by the work of our TA educators throughout this remote learning experience. They are an inspiring crew! Thank you to TAPA and the TA community for sharing your appreciation and love for our TA teachers and staff this week.
Carrie Brennan, Head of School