Head of School Weekly Email
September 11, 2020
Dear TA Students & Families,
Here are a few school-wide announcements and reminders as we wrap up week 1:
BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL
- Homework club for those who need to be on campus before 8:30am or after 2pm launches on Monday. Please submit the sign-up form to participate for 1st quarter.
- Latham Library remains closed to visitors at this time, due to COVID restrictions, and therefore is not available to students as a place to go in the afternoons.
- We recommend all students have a pair of headphones or earbuds. On Mon-Tues next week we will have headphones available to check out or purchase for $15 (cash or check only) between 9-9:30am and 2-2:30pm. These are new headphones; model info here.
- All high school students who requested a TA laptop should have one by now. Middle schoolers will each receive a TA chromebook next week.
- We will send the technology use agreement and an instructional video home to families next week.
- Anyone experiencing log in or other tech issues can reach out to our IT Coordinator & Technician Marisa Cotilletta and pod leaders can also help get you connected to the resources you need – texts, materials, tech, etc.
- What a beautiful week to launch the school year! Keep in mind as we shift into autumn and on rainy days to wear those layers. We want to continue to be outside as much as possible during the school day.
- Lunch this year must be pre-ordered by the week. Dean of Students Siobhan Lopez sent students the form for Sept. 14-18 yesterday via email. Please submit the weekly form no later than Monday at 6am.
I am impressed and inspired by the commitment of our whole TA community to make this school year happen. This is a collective effort that requires all of us – students, parents, grandparents, teachers, staff, administrators, and our local communities – to believe, behave, and buy in. Each week is a success worth celebrating.
Thank You & Happy Friday!
Carrie Brennan, Head of School