Getting to “Y”: New Action-Oriented Student Groups to Start
October 17, 2020
Next quarter Thetford Academy is launching two Getting to ‘Y’ student teams – one for middle schoolers and one for high schoolers – and applications are due October 25. The Getting to ‘Y’ program focuses on students bringing meaning to the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS). Teams will look at the YRBS data and create action plans to make positive change in our school and community.
Reasons to participate:
- Make a difference in your community
- Have your voice be heard
- Build leadership skills
- Work with students from around VT
- Possible academic credit
- It’s FUN!
To learn more & get involved:
- Check out this recruitment video that Kara made!
- Students need to submit an application by October 25.
- The 1st GTY meetings will happen on Oct. 27 (middle school) and Oct. 29 (high school); both will take place from 2-3pm.
- Connect with Kara Toms or Mark Pichette in the Counseling Office with questions: [email protected] [email protected].
We are grateful to the Mt. Ascutney Prevention Partnership for grant funding to help support this initiative!