Head of School Weekly Email: Announcing Summer Faculty & Year-End Reminders
May 21, 2021
Dear TA Families & Students,
The lilacs are out, TA’s trees are in full bloom, students are outside more, fans are cheering on our spring athletes, the birds are busy, and lawn mowers are humming along. These are just a few of the welcome sights, sounds and smells of the season on Thetford Hill.
Don’t miss out on TA’s Summer Challenge program. Plans continue to develop. Here are a some important updates:
- I am excited to announce our summer faculty: Jolene Cadwell, Sadie Mayfield, Betsy Pond, Chris Schmidt, and Luke Teschner will be a dynamic interdisciplinary team to lead the program this year.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided daily for participants (free of charge).
- We still have spots available. Interested students/families should register by Thursday, May 27. Link to registration form: https://forms.gle/2AC6eEPobPacyUbH8
- Wanting to talk with someone about the potential benefits for your student? Reach out to your son or daughter’s counselor or one of the summer faculty members to learn more.
- As we develop the projects and activities for the summer program, we will be reaching out to registered students to get their input.
- If you’ve already registered, you are included on the list – and we will be in touch with families soon to share more details.
Pandemic Relief Field Day – May 25: Dress for outdoor comfort on Tuesday. Everyone will be outside enjoying field day activities throughout the afternoon.
Important academic reminder: There are only two regular instructional weeks left in the school year. The week before Memorial Day, May 24-28 and the week after, June 1-4. The last week, June 7-11 has a special schedule to accommodate review time, exams, final projects, and class day; please plan ahead to allow for full participation in that week. Special schedule for June 7-11: LINK.
We have a busy TA Saturday lined up. Wishing the cast and crew of the musical a smooth first performance tomorrow night. Best of luck to the high school track team who travels to St. Johnsbury, and our varsity softball and baseball teams who both have games. Softball is on the home field with a doubleheader (start times are 10:30am and 12:30pm), and we welcome fans!
Carrie Brennan, Head of School