Head of School Weekly Email (the Saturday edition): Celebrating the Class of 2021 & Summer Opportunities @ TA
May 29, 2021
Dear TA Families & Students,
It’s that time of the year! A whirlwind of events, special schedules, and celebrations …
Celebrating the Class of 2021:
- Join in the fun with the 2nd annual car parade honoring TA seniors! The car parade is happening Sunday, June 6 with a 5:30 pm start time at TA. Gather friends and family along the route from TA through the villages of Thetford to cheer on the Class of 2021.
- Graduation is Friday, June 11 at 6:00 p.m. We are pleased to be able to return to a ceremony with the whole class graduating together as a group. The audience this year is limited to friends and family of the graduates, the Class of 2022, and TA faculty and staff.
- Class Day on the morning of June 11 will be an opportunity for underclass students to honor the seniors. We are adapting Class Day traditions to be an outdoor event this year.
Summer Opportunities @ TA:
- TA Summer Challenge: We have room available in both session A and B. The middle school program is during Session A only. High schoolers can register for either session or both. More details here. Registration forms due by June 3: https://forms.gle/FzT12WRKQqvv4XUWA.
- TOP Canoe Trip: The Connecticut River canoe trip, running July 11-16, still has a few spots available. Sign up by June 3 (or sooner to secure a spot). All grades are welcome. More details here.
- TA Summer Leadership Interns: We have paid positions available for high school students and recent alumni to work with the TA Summer Challenge program and in the school garden. Applications due by June 3. Application form: https://forms.gle/whPLwTxeBhpbDi9d9.
Other Year-End Reminders:
- We have a special schedule for the week of June 7-11. Link to schedule.
- Take the family vaccine survey by June 1. Link to survey. (Thank you to the 96 families who have filled it out already!)
- The one act play performances are June 4 and 5 at 7:30 pm at the timber frame classroom. With the expansive outdoor seating available on the Barrett field, these shows are open to the public. $5 suggested donation to contribute to participation in next year’s statewide drama festival.
- All TA computers are due back by June 11. Look for more details soon on laptop return instructions.
Good luck to our high school track and field athletes today as they compete in the state championships!
Wishing everyone an enjoyable three-day weekend,
Carrie Brennan, Head of School