Health Office Update: November 18
November 19, 2021
The following update from the TA Health Office was sent via email to all parents on November 18.
Guide for staying home and returning to school:
1. Your child must stay home if they have any of these symptoms: fever, cough, congestion, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, change in taste/smell.
2. If these symptoms last less than 24 hours they DO NOT need a Covid PCR test, but they must be symptom FREE for 24 hours before returning to school. This usually means your child is out for 2 school days.
3. If your child has any of these symptoms for more than 24 hours they must have a negative Covid PCR test AND be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school.
Stomach bug this week:
TA has a stomach bug going around. Please keep students home with any nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Encourage good handwashing and no sharing of food or beverage.
TA adding 2 new Covid testing options:
1. Test to Stay in School: If your student is NOT vaccinated and they are exposed to a Covid positive individual, they can do a rapid Covid test for 7 days in a row and remain in school. The following guidelines apply to the ‘Test to Stay’ option:
- They cannot have ANY symptoms: no fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea nor change in taste/smell.
- Each morning before school they will report to Nurse Ellen for a rapid test which will take 30-40 minutes. You need to be able to take your child home if they test positive.
- Nurse Ellen will reach out to you if your child is eligible for this option.
2. Soon, Covid PCR tests will also be available to pick-up from the Health Office. The test can be done at home in the evening, brought back to the Health Office by 9:30 AM the next morning, and is then sent to the lab via UPS.
If you are interested in having your student have either of these options, a parent/guardian must complete a consent form. Here is the link for the consent.
Ellen Gnaedinger, School Nurse