TA’s Winter Athletics Season Begins
November 29, 2021
Thetford Academy had its first significant snowfall this weekend, a perfect lead-in to the start of the winter sports season. Starting on Monday, November 29, TA’s basketball, indoor track, and alpine skiing athletes started regular practices, and on Tuesday, the Nordic Ski Club hosted an informational meeting/boot-fitting for all interested students.
Tryout and practice details at the start of the season are as follows (will evolve, so stay tuned for updates):
- Alpine Skiing: 3:30-4:45, dryland training Mon-Thurs
- Middle School Basketball: Girls at the TES court, 7:15pm MWF; boys at TA. 7:15pm. MWF
- High School Basketball Tryouts on 11/29 and 11/30: Girls 3:15-5:15pm; Boys 5:15-7:15pm
- Tentative times for HS practices, starting 12/1: Girls Varsity Basketball 3:15-4:45; Girls’ JV Basketball 4:30-5:45; Boy’s JV Basketball 5:45-7:00; Boy’s Varsity Basketball: 7:00-8:30
- High School Winter Track Workout Club: Mon/Th/Fri 3:15-4:30pm
- Nordic Ski Club: Stay tuned for more details from Leah Boch – and hope for more snow!
This winter, TA will follow the Covid recommendations issued by the Vermont Agency of Education and the school-specific guidelines outlined here. We anticipate that we’ll be able to welcome a limited number of spectators into the gym for home basketball games and that games will also be live-streamed when possible.