Head of School Weekly Email: So Much to Celebrate!
April 01, 2022
Dear TA Families,
It has been a high-energy week with a host of events involving community audiences. How wonderful to be able to invite others in again to witness our learning, to enjoy our performances, and to celebrate achievements with us.
Kudos to the following groups and individuals for their public demonstrations of learning – and this is just a partial list of the whirlwind of activity picking up this spring! (Check out the attached photos, too.)
- The cast and crew of The Insanity of Mary Girard, who put on two stunning performances in the MJR Theater this past week and now take their play to the regional One Act Festival tomorrow.
- The 7th grade science classes and their teacher Ms. Rose, who transformed their classroom into a cell museum on Thursday and welcomed many visitors to experience their exhibits.
- Three new inductees into the National Technical Honor Society – Noah Abernethy, Ariana Cooney, and Natalia Gioia – who received official recognition at a ceremony on Wednesday evening at River Bend.
- The middle school Getting to Y team, who hosted a community forum on youth public health data on Tuesday evening in the TA cafe.
A few repeats from last Friday’s email about upcoming opportunities:
- Course registration for 2022-23 continues throughout April, with the Class of 2024 going through the process next week. TA’s course catalog is available online for students and parents who want to explore early.
- TOP summer experiences, including trips, trail crew, garden camp, and internships, are enrolling now. Check out the latest update with registration info and links.
- Wednesday, April 6 is a remote day for students. The day’s schedule is dedicated to student roundtables. Normal classes will not be convening. Students will be required to do an attendance check-in with their advisor.
The forecast for tonight features a big snowflake. Is that an April fools joke? Wishing everyone a good weekend, whatever weather the April winds bring in.
Carrie Brennan, Head of School