Health Office Update: Sept. 28, 2023
September 28, 2023
Upcoming Flu Clinic
Thetford Academy will host a flu clinic for students and staff on Thursday, October 19th 2023, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tech students will be able to get their flu shots early (11:20 a.m.). Parents should sign and return the flu vaccine consent form to Nurse Ellen by October 5th, 2023. Read the CDC’s info sheet about the flu vaccine.
Free Covid Test Kits
Free Covid test kits are now available through the US Postal service link to Covid test kit order form.
- There are 3 other viruses besides Covid going around at school:
- There is a head cold with sore throat/congestion/cough
- Another virus with symptoms of headache and a fever
- a stomach bug.
If your student is sick please have them stay home. We have 2 people out with Covid this week. If you need a Covid test kit please come to the nurse’s office. We have a limited supply left.
Smiling Mind is an Australian mental health app that offers programs for teens, including helping with resilience.
Thetford Town Service Officer
- An additional resource for winter, the town service officer can help with gas cards, fuel oil, etc. The town service officer can connect families with other supports.
- Jessica Eaton is the Thetford Town Service Officer and can be contacted for assistance with a wide variety of needs. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 802.333.9491
Thetford Food Shelf
- The food shelf is open Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. The food shelf serves residents of Thetford, Fairlee, West Fairlee, Vershire and Strafford.
Corinth, West Topsham & Bradford Food Shelves
- West Topsham’s food shelf is at the Riverside Grange & open Monday 3-4 PM and Fridays 5:30 -630 PM
- Bradford Academy’s food shelf, in Bradford, is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 3-4 p.m.; Wednesday, 5-6 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m.-noon