Head of School Weekly Email: Tech Use Agreement & Request to Increase Time on Campus
September 18, 2020
Dear TA Students & Families,
I have two key pieces of information to share with you, as we wrap up week two and our fall program continues to develop. One requires action from all families and the other requires action only if a family wants to increase a student’s time on campus:
1. The required one: On the technology front …
- All students and families need to submit Thetford Academy’s technology responsible use agreement by Friday, 9/25. The agreement is part of a multi-step process this year that includes an instructional video and student-parent conversation. Please visit this section of our digital learning site to locate the video and the form. We ask you to watch and discuss the video together as a family and then each TA student in the household needs to complete the form.
- Also, headphones are still available to purchase for $15 cash or check and to check out for long-term lending.
- Please connect with Librarian Kate Owen (cc’d on this email) if you have any questions about the responsible use agreement and/or would like to purchase or borrow headphones.
2. The optional one: Regarding requests to increase days on campus …
- We are prepared to receive these requests earlier than we originally anticipated. If a student would like to change their fall schooling option and increase their time on campus, the family can make that request now by filling out this form. We are asking a parent or guardian to be the one to submit the form, so that we are assured it is a family decision.
- Our timeline is as follows: Forms due 9/23, requests approved by 9/25, new schedule can begin the week on Monday, 9/28.
- Please connect with Dean of Students Siobhan Lopez (cc’d on this email) with questions about fall school options and this form.
This week had a few chillier days than last week and was a reminder to all of us on campus to bring warm clothing each day, so that we are comfortable working and studying outdoors through the fall.
Wishing all an enjoyable sunny September weekend!
Carrie Brennan, Head of School