Head of School Weekly Email: Calendar for 2021-22, Finals Week Schedule & More
May 14, 2021
Dear TA Families & Students,
The TA website got a fresh new look this spring. It looks great – and continues to be a good source of information to keep us all connected. A few highlights to direct you to:
- TA’s school calendar for 2021-22 is finalized. Visit the calendar page for the PDF copy and a link to subscribe to the school’s online calendar to keep up on the latest events and updates.
- Visit the news page for spotlight stories and resources. The counseling department’s recorded sessions about course registration are posted. Read about this year’s musical, which goes on stage next weekend. While audiences for some of our spring events are very limited this year, there are a few that are open to the community, including the drama club’s one act play productions June 4-5.
- Speaking of news, congratulations to Eldon Crossett and Mary Bosco for facilitating a workshop at a state conference that attracted a global audience! That story is on our news page too: https://thetfordacademy.org/2021/05/tas-yatst-group-facilitates-global-conversation-on-the-purpose-of-school.
- There’s a cool new virtual tour on the website too, since we couldn’t welcome prospective students and families to tour during much of this year.
- As you find your way around the revised TA website, feel free to share feedback – what do you like about the new look and organization? Is there anything you can’t find or would like added? We want the site to be a resource for families and welcome input.
The schedule for the last week of school is finalized and will look different than a normal week. Please review it as a family and plan ahead. Highlights include:
- Monday, June 7 will be a fully remote day following the remote schedule we have used all year on Wednesdays. This is so that all classes can meet and do final preparations for exams and projects.
- A Block and C Block exams take place on Tuesday; B Block and D Block exams are on Wednesday. The school day will be the normal 9:30am-2pm day with buses running accordingly.
- Thursday is set aside for make-up exams and any final student work. The day is scheduled for 9:30am-2pm and buses will run. Please note: Students who do not need to make up the exam days or have any other obligations with teachers are not expected to attend on Thursday.
- Friday will be a half-day, 9:30am-12pm, with a modified Class Day and other year-end activities taking place. More details to come.
We are getting vaccine updates almost daily from the State of Vermont and will continue to share information as we receive it. Here is the latest list of clinics serving 12-15 year olds and details about that process.
As the weather cooperates, classes are getting outside again. It has been a joy throughout this challenging year to see the many innovative ways we have transformed our campus into one big classroom. Here are a couple images of dramatic readings taking place in an English class yesterday (photo credit: Mary Rizos). All the world’s a stage – including TA’s front lawn!
Enjoy the weekend,
Carrie Brennan, Head of School