Q2 Report Card Mailing – Letter from Head of School
February 04, 2021
Dear Thetford Academy Parents and Guardians,
Enclosed you will find your student’s 1st semester report card for Fall 2020. This mailing marks another important milestone on our COVID journey – we are now more than halfway through the unique 2020-2021 school year.
I want to share again a theme I have written about in prior parent letters: Behind every report card is a wealth of student experiences and stories, learning and progress, joys and frustrations. Perhaps this year more than any other it is important that we find the time and patience to listen with extra care to our student’s stories, ask questions with extra intention, and strive to understand the entirety of what young people in our lives are experiencing as they navigate their complex teen experience through a global pandemic.
As we know, the TA program is wholly different than a normal year. Our goals since reopening in September have been to create a safe, healthy, and connected experience for our students that centers both academic engagement and personal wellbeing. Student learning this year encompasses both of these realms – the intellectual and the social/emotional. While this is true in any year, of course, it is essential more than ever for us to remember now, and we have worked to design a program that deliberately supports student growth in both.
There is a snowy expanse outside but spring is on the horizon. I look forward to continuing to learn and lead together with you, with our teachers and staff, and with students, through the next four months of the 2020-2021 school year.
Carrie Brennan, Head of School
To help you stay connected to TA and your student’s experience …
- Contact information for pod leaders, teachers, and all TA staff can be found on our website: www.thetfordacademy.org/member
- A reminder that counselor assignments are now:
- 7th and 8th grades: Rebecca Walter, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9th grade: Molly Dugan-Sullivan, email@example.com
- 10th-12th grades: Mark Pichette, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A fun way to get a glimpse of the TA campus experience this year is to follow along on Facebook @ThetfordAcademyVT and Instagram @thetfordacademy